As I’ve mentioned before, it’s so important to find delicious side dishes you can make week in and week out. For me, one of my favorites is roasted sweet potatoes. I never get sick of these – they are a staple in our lunches and go well with just about anything I make. You also can’t mess these up – great for a beginner cook.
Here’s my method:
- Preheat the oven to 400 F (or 200 C)
- Wash and pat dry four large sweet potatoes
- Chop the potatoes into big pieces – approximately 1 inch x 1 inch x 2 inches (totally your preference, if you like rice-sized sweet potato pieces who am I to judge)
- Toss the potatoes with 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp dried rosemary and a good sprinkling of salt
- Roast in the oven for 25 minutes, shake them around and then an additional 15 minutes or until they are fork tender
- Sprinkle a little salt right when they come out of the oven
These go great with just about anything – meat, grain salads, veggies, burgers, you name it. This will be one of your easiest recipes. ENJOY!
Ingredients (8 servings, as a side dish)
4 large sweet potatoes
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp dried rosemary
Get cooking! No seriously, these are too good not to make ASAP.