It’s so important to have those go-to dinner ideas for the long workdays or when you just feel like being lazy! This is one of those for us – such a good staple to have in the dinner rotation and can be entirely prepped in advance (or prepared very quickly). You probably already have a lot of the ingredients on hand, which means only a few perishable things to grab at the store!
Here is what you do (8 servings):
- Brown 2 lbs of ground beef, turkey or meat-free crumbles in a large pan with 2 packets taco seasoning and about 2 cups water (check the back of the seasoning package for water details). Bring to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes and set aside
- Combine 2 cups brown rice, 4 cups water and 1 packet taco seasoning in a large pan – bring to a boil and then simmer until water is fully absorbed (about 15 minutes). Set aside
Now comes the fun – assembly and the toppings!!
- Sliced avocado or guac
- Chopped red onion
- Salsa or pico de gallo
- greek yogurt (I like to mix in Cholula)
- chopped jalapenos (fresh or canned)
- black or re-fried beans
- chili flakes or hot sauce
- 2 lbs ground meat or meat-free crumbles
- 3 packets taco seasoning (2 for the meat, 1 for the rice)
- 2 cups brown rice
- Toppings of your choosing
Let me know some of your go-to dinner ideas! Enjoy!