This recipe checks all of my favorite boxes when it comes to a recipe – minimal ingredients, prep time, cook time and showcases seasonal/fresh ingredients!
At a few weddings I’ve been to over the past few years, they serve a green salad with strawberries and a balsamic dressing. It’s such a great combination and made me think of doing something similar with seafood.
I am having it this week with my Strawberry Snap Pea Feta Salad, but it would be great over a green salad as well. It’s super refreshing and light, a perfect summer main dish!
Here’s how you make it (8 servings):
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F
- Lay out the 8 salmon pieces on a baking sheet, skin down – set aside
- Take the stems off 1 pint of strawberries – throw the flesh into a food processor
- Add 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar and process until it’s a thick consistency, not liquid but chunky like applesauce
- Pour the strawberry mixture over the salmon and bake for 12-15 minutes or until your desired consistency
- While the salmon cooks, roughly chop the basil and sprinkle over the salmon once it’s out of the oven
- It is so important to use high-quality balsamic vinegar – it makes a huge difference. You want a thick, syrupy one that tastes delicious on it’s own!
- For presentation, feel free to add fresh chopped strawberries on the salmon once it’s out of the oven – it’ll add a nice bright red color
- 8 pieces salmon
- 1 pint strawberries + more for presentation, if desired
- 4 tbsp good-quality balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
Let me know what you think – it’s so nice to have easy, quick recipes like this in the rotation during summer when you want to spend more time outdoors and less in the kitchen!