I was so excited after making my Chocolate Chunk Chickpea Blondies that I HAD to try something similar with black beans. I think we’ve all heard of people making these, but none of the recipes I saw truly spoke to me – so I created my own!
Let me tell you, these did not disappoint. They are SO easy to throw together – from start to finish you’ll have these ready and on the dessert table in under 30 minutes. They’ll definitely satisfy your sweet tooth and I love the mini-muffin bite-sized portions, just enough to get the chocolate flavor but not too much!
Here’s how you make them (24 mini-muffin bites):
- Preheat the oven to 180C/375F
- Roughly chop a 150g bar of chocolate – keep a very small portion to sprinkle over the top when serving and throw the rest in a large mixing bowl
- Throw 1 can rinsed/drained black beans into a food processor along with 1 small ripe banana, 1/2 cup cashew butter, dash salt, 6 tbsp cacao powder, 4 tbsp maple syrup, 4 pitted dates
- Blend until you get the consistency of frosting and transfer to the chocolate mixing bowl
- Combine and transfer to the mini-muffin tin
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, 12 if you like your brownies gooey (like I do, and it’s fine because there are no eggs) or 15 minutes for a little more well done
- When serving, I like to sprinkle the leftover chopped chocolate on top – completely optional
I’m so excited for you to try these! They’d be great warmed up and served with ice cream (or nice cream – banana ice cream), raspberry sauce, or fresh whipped cream – so many options!
- 150g chocolate bar – nothing over 70% or it’ll be too bitter
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small ripe banana
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- dash salt
- 6 tbsp cacao powder (note cacao, not cocoa)
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 pitted dates
I love recipes that are easy AND delicious! Let me know how these turn out for you – I hope you enjoy them as much as I did and will continue to this week!