I wasn’t kidding about the pineapple posts – if you are sick of pineapple, don’t worry, next week it’ll be something new! The first thing that comes to mind when I think of pineapple is one of my favorite drinks – the pina colada! The first time I tasted one was in Mexico when I was about 14 (drinking virgin ones – to be clear, and not make my parents out to be monsters here!) and I’ve loved them ever since.
It still perplexes me why they have to be so bad for you – the pineapple taste is what makes them so great, there’s no need for all the other stuff that makes them unhealthy! I’ve created my spin on a pina colada in the form of a healthy smoothie and hope you love it – it was such a great afternoon snack on Sunday!
Here’s how you make it (2 servings):
- Put 2 cups roughly chopped pineapple, 1 can of coconut milk, 1/2 cup greek yogurt, 2 tbsp shredded coconut and 2 tbsp chia seeds into a blender and blend until smooth
- Split into 2 glasses and garnish with a pineapple slice if you are feeling wild
If you are going for the adult version on the weekend, with some rum added in, I’d recommend omitting the greek yogurt and chia seeds and adding a bit of ice. What a fun summer cocktail that would be!!
- 2 cups roughly chopped pineapple
- 1 can light coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1/2 cups greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
Let me know what you think – such a fun way to start a work day!