Strawberries and cream is one of those combinations that just sounds delicious, doesn’t it?? As you can tell, strawberries are the fruit of the week and I’m finding so many amazing ways to use them – same as I did with pineapples last week!
I hope you give this recipe a try – adding the greek yogurt to the oatmeal mixture adds that creaminess and then you get the sweetness of the strawberries/coconut throughout the entire dish. This would be such a nice summer breakfast to have outside with coffee, sigh, warm up London!!
Here’s how you make it (4-6 servings):
- Preheat oven to 180C/375F
- Throw 3 cups fresh strawberries in a food processor and process until it’s a thick mash, but not a puree – set aside
- Put 2/3 of the strawberry mash and 2 tbsp coconut flakes at the bottom of an 8×8 pan
- In a separate bowl, mix together 2 cups oats, 2 cups almond milk, 4 tbsp chia seeds, 3 tsp cinnamon, heavy dash vanilla, 2 tbsp maple syrup and 1/2 cup greek yogurt in a bowl
- Spread oat mixture over strawberry mash and spread evenly
- Top with remaining 1/3 of strawberry mash and 2 tbsp coconut flakes
- Bake for 15 minutes covered and 15 additional minutes uncovered
- Serve hot or cold, will last in the fridge for about 1 week
I think you’ll love this combination – the coconut adds a tropical flavor and the greek yogurt gives it that creaminess to tie the dish together. I serve mine topped with a little additional greek yogurt, but it would be great by itself as well!
There are no nuts in this recipe (aside from the almond milk, which can be subbed for any milk of your choice) so it’s a nice change for those people with nut allergies.
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, if using frozen make sure to microwave the fruit before putting it into the food processor
- 4 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes, separated into 2 even portions
- 2 cups oats
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- heavy dash vanilla
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt (2% or full fat will add better flavor
Are you loving these oatmeal bakes as much as I am? They are SO easy, delicious and hold up well for the entire work week. I think the entire family would enjoy these for breakfast as well and that’s hard to do!