When I first started the blog, one of my best friends sent me her favorite “smoothie-of-the-moment” and that’s what inspired this one! I was meaning to make the smoothie exactly how she did – and I’m sure it would’ve been amazing – but I forgot to order a few key ingredients, so this (delicious) alternative was born!
What makes this smoothie so wonderful is that it doesn’t taste at all like a “green” smoothie. There are some days where I actually crave that “earthy/healthy” green superfood taste but some days I want the goodness of the veggies with a sweet taste – I know, you can’t have your cake and eat it too…but this one comes pretty close!
Here’s how you make it (2 large servings):
- Throw 1 peeled and chopped mango into a blender along with 1 banana, 2 cups almond milk, 1/2 cup greek yogurt, 1 tbsp chia seeds, 2 tbsp shredded coconut, 1 tsp spirulina, 1 tsp chlorella, 1 tsp wheatgrass and 1 cup frozen spinach
- Blend until smooth (make sure to get that spinach blended fully!) and serve in 2 glasses
I think you’ll love this one – it definitely got me HOOKED on mangoes. I knew I always liked them, but they will now be part of the regular smoothie rotation going forward.
- 1 peeled and chopped fresh mango (or approx. 1.5 cups frozen)
- 1 banana
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (increase slightly if using frozen mango)
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1 tsp spirulina (I like Organic Burst, but any health food store would carry this)
- 1 tsp chlorella (same as above)
- 1 tsp wheatgrass (same as above)
- 1 cup frozen spinach (or about 2 cups fresh)
Let me know what you think about this one – I think you’ll just love it, especially with the weather (slowly, very slowly) warming up!!