Week 14’s menu looks fantastic and, as always, I hope it gives you ideas for things to make! One of the most frustrating parts of meal prep is deciding what to make – there are SO many recipes on the internet, but sometimes I don’t even know what to search for. If you go back and search my old SMP posts it’ll give you some good ideas!
Here’s what I made this week:
Breakfast – Carrot Cake Breakfast Bars (recipe posted today), you’ll love these if you are a fan of carrot cake! I love these with a little nut butter or greek yogurt and of course – COFFEE
Lunch – PBNJ Chicken with a simple quinoa/feta salad (olive oil/lemon dressing) and roasted broccoli. I’ll post the recipe for the chicken this week – it’s so simple, but amazing!!
Dinner – Hamburger Quinoa Casserole, such a comforting meal and can be thrown together in NO time
Here’s how you make it:
- Preheat oven 200C/400F
- Cook ground beef with chopped white onions until fully cooked
- Add cooked ground beef with cooked quinoa – adjust quantities to your liking
- Stir in chopped pickles, ketchup and yellow mustard until it’s a good consistency
- Pour into an 8×11 baking dish and top with a little cheddar cheese
- Bake or broil for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is fully melted
Cheers to the week ahead, I’ll be sure to post lots about my trip to Norway (Oslo/Bergen)!