Carrot cake is one of those things I love more than anything – it has such a rich flavor and while I normally don’t love carrots on their own, they add so much in this dessert. With that said, normal carrot cake isn’t the healthiest (I know, I’m doing a bake-off for work this week and just bought the ingredients!).
This version is so flavorful and has the components I always love when eating carrot cake – carrots + raisins + cinnamon + vanilla, the same overall flavor but HEALTHY!
These bars are the perfect breakfast – not a traditional crunchy granola bar, but more of an eat-with-a-fork type breakfast that would be PERFECT with a little greek yogurt!
Here’s how you make them (5-6 servings):
- Preheat the oven to 180C/375F
- Mix together the following in a large bowl: 2 cups oats, 2 cups unsweetened milk, 4 tbsp chia seeds, 1/2 cup greek yogurt, 1 tbsp cinnamon, dash vanilla, 1/2 cup raisins + 3/4 cup grated carrots
- Pour the mixture into a 9×9 pan, even it out with a spatula
- Bake for 30 minutes, uncovered
- Right when they come out of the oven, drizzle 2 tbsp maple syrup over the top
- Let cool, cut into bars and serve cold
These would be great with walnuts or pecans added in, or served with a bit of nut butter!
- 2 cups oats
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- dash vanilla
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup grated carrot (about 3-4 medium carrots)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
I can’t wait to see what you think about these!