I had full intentions of making banana bread oatmeal this morning, but after getting samples of carrot cake in the market yesterday, I went rogue and combined the two. The final product is so delicious! As with any oats recipe, it’s not rocket science – feel free to add/subtract anything that you do or don’t like and I promise you it’ll turn out just fine!
Here’s how you make it (2 large servings):
- Mash 2 small bananas (or 1 large) in a bowl – set aside
- Combine 2 cups unsweetened almond milk, 1 cup oats, 2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, dash of vanilla, 1 small grated carrot and 2 tbsp raisins in a pot – turn on high heat until it’s boiling and then reduce to low heat
- Add the mashed bananas, 2 tbsp chia seeds and 2 tbsp maple syrup and cook on low heat for 3-5 minutes until it’s extra thick
- Split into 2 bowls and enjoy with the toppings of your choice!
- 2 small (or 1 large) banana
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- dash vanilla
- 1 small carrot
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- nut butter
- pecans or walnuts
- maple syrup
- greek yogurt
Hope you have a perfect Sunday – it’s sunny here!!