As much as I love oatmeal, sometimes even 10 extra minutes before work is too much time to spare on breakfast. An alternative is an oatmeal bake – basically an oatmeal casserole – and they are the perfect solution and last all week when kept in the fridge. Just portion out a piece each morning and you’ll be set. This week I made a blueberry, raspberry and pecan version and it is so good. It would be perfect for a July 4th brunch – such pretty red, white (greek yogurt) and blue colors and so delicious with a dollop of greek yogurt on top!
Here’s how you make it (4 large servings):
- Preheat the oven to 180C (375F)
- Put 2 cups frozen raspberries and 1/2 cup pecans in the bottom of a non-stick 8×8 pan – set aside
- Mix together 2 cups oats, 4 tbsp chia seeds, dash vanilla, 2 tsp cinnamon, 2 tbsp maple syrup and 2 cups unsweetened almond milk – pour mixture over berry/pecan pan
- Top with 1 cup frozen blueberries, 1/2 cup pecans and 2 tbsp almond milk
- Bake for 20 minutes covered and an additional 10 minutes uncovered
I will definitely be posting more flavor alternatives, but feel free to switch up the flavors and ingredients to your liking. Banana/walnut would be amazing, or apple/walnut or mango coconut (my college roommate’s idea!) – options are endless!
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- 1 cup pecans (divided in 2)
- 2 cups oats
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- dash vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups + 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
Let me know what you think! What are some of your time-saving breakfast ideas during the work week??