Is there anything avocados can’t fix/solve/do? I just love them! This week I made shrimp tacos and was debating a mango/avocado salsa (recipe to come shortly) after my college roommate convinced me to start using mango more often but I had to go with a corn version (because I had corn in the pantry). Luckily, it ended up wonderful in its simplicity. Minimal ingredients and only a few minutes to assemble = a winning combination in my book!
You could use this as a base for steak, grilled chicken or any hearty fish or as part of a quesadilla or taco bowl. It would be a great summer meal to have outside – sigh, you can see that I’m dreaming of warm weather here in London – especially if you grilled the corn first. THAT would be so good – I really need to get a grill!
Here’s how to make it (8 large side servings):
- Combine 6 avocados, juice of 6 limes, heavy dash of salt, 3.5 cups of red onion, 3 cans of corn, 1/2 a cup of basil or cilantro and 2 jalapenos in a large bowl and toss to combine
It’s THAT easy and so delicious!
- 6 avocados, roughly chopped
- 6 limes
- 3.5 cups of sliced red onion
- 3 large cans of corn (or 4 small), drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped basil or cilantro
- 2 jalapenos, chopped (seeded if you want less heat)
Let me know how you use it – cheers!