Pineapples were on sale this week and you better believe I bought 3! Expect a few pineapple recipes coming your way soon. There’s something wonderful about eating tropical fruits during winter – puts me in a such a good mood and makes me feel like I’m on vacation!
With any of my oatmeal recipes, add or subtract anything that isn’t your cup of tea. If you aren’t a fan of ginger, leave it out and the end result will be absolutely fine!
Here’s how you make it (2 large servings):
- Roughly chop 2 cups pineapple and set aside
- Combine 1 cup oats, 2 cups almond milk, dash of vanilla and 2 tsp cinnamon in a pot and turn the heat to medium high until it comes to a boil
- While the oats cook, put 1.5 cups of the pineapple into a food processor and pulse until it comes to a thick, chunky consistency but not yet a puree/juice
- Once oats are boiling, turn heat down to low and add in 1 tsp ginger, 2 tbsp coconut, 2 tbsp maple syrup and pineapple from the food processor
- Cook for 5 minutes, take off heat and split into two bowls
- Top with remaining .5 cups pineapple and whatever additional toppings you choose!
- 2 cups chopped fresh pineapple (separated into 1.5 and .5 cup sections)
- 1 cup oats
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- dash of vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsp shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Chopped walnuts
- Nut butter
- Greek yogurt
- Maple syrup
- Shredded coconut
Let me know what you think! Do tropical fruit recipes put you in a vacation mood like they do for me??